Saturday, August 1, 2009

My busy brainy bunch

The last 2 weeks have been really great, getting the kids excited about their blog. We have had lots of visitors and the children are encouraged to do better at speaking up, writing stories and sharing what they have learned. They love listening to their voices and seeing their work displayed on the www along with reading the comments. I have already seen children grow in confidence orally and can see that they eagerly decode to read the shared book. They are learning from mistakes they have made in earlier recordings. They remind each other about this. I feel pleased that the podcasts, videos or voice threads that we create are integrated into our literacy programme. Nothing is done as a stand alone. It can be done!- Thoughtful and Detailed Planning is the key.
I would appreciate new ideas of how to do voice threads and podcasts with my class.

No comments: